Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What a great day to serve the Lord

We should wake up with this thought every day but some days I just wake up and start my day and this thought is not present. But today was not one of those days. Today I woke up ready to serve the Lord. I had a song in my mind and on my heart. I rarely listen to the radio on the way to work or to drop the kids off in the morning. But today, I just felt like singing. So I turned on my CD player and listened to the song that says, "Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that your my God." I really should know who sings this and the real name but I've never been good at knowing who sings what or names. As I write this, I am reminded of the Psalm that I grew up singing, "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

What makes the difference in our attitude when we wake up? I don't really know. If it was up to me, I would be in this mood everyday. I think for me a good nights sleep definitely affects how I wake up the next day. I also think I woke up in a great mood because I am so excited to get this blog up and going, my mind has been running a dozen different directions to add more things that will be helpful in serving the Lord. This is really what my dream is, what my goal is. I have wanted to do more for the Lord and specifically for the women of Afton, but it is hard to do much with two wonderful children attached to me from the minute I pick them up at night until they go to bed. What is more concerning is when they are not at attached to me, because it usually means they are into something. Especially Gray who has a wonderful attraction to the toilet. He now knows how to flush it. I always wonder what he might have thrown into it before he flushes it. So far, nothing large enough to clog it. Anyways, I said all that to explain that I really feel this will be a great way to provide information to help you on your walk.

If you are from my class, I have been spending a lot of time encouraging you to strive for holiness. To live closer to the Lord. I want to provide text from the Bible and examples of how to seek sanctification. I will do my best to provide the information for you to study and that will help you to understand. It will be up to you what you do with it. I hope you will check this blog often and it will help you. But whether anyone looks at it or not, I am committed to adding things from His word that will help you to be a better Christian if you will follow it. Some will obviously be my opinion. But I will do my best to support my opinion with scripture. The bible says in Titus 2:3-5 "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;[4] That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,[5] To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." I definitely don't see myself as an aged woman but I think that refers to mature. I want to lead by example. I hope you will take this journey with me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Amy, I am not from Afton but, I will be checking often. I am very interested in being a better christian and walking closer to the Lord. So, I will visit often to see what truths that God has laid on your heart to share with women. It does not have to just be your Sunday School Class. There is a whole world out there can benefit from your insight. I appreciate you as my friend and feel very blessed to have friends that are searching and praying to be better christians and better examples for Jesus. Our true and ultimate goal in life should be to have "A Closer Walk" with the Lord!!!! Thank you, your friend Michelle J